Nov 17, 2016
- Mike Carey - covering the Boston Celtics on a daily basis
- Marvin Barnes' importance to the success of the 1986 Celtics
- What is was like to travel with the Celtics throughout the season
- How Mike and Danny Ainge first heard news of Len Bias' tragic death
- Insightful minutiae, all but lost to the annals of basketball history
The ultimate episode of #NB86. We finish our series with an in-depth interview, inviting award-winning (Boston Herald - 1980s) Celtics beat writer, Mike Carey, on the show. He discusses his experiences travelling with the mighty Boston Celtics.
Tune in to hear this and plenty more, as we uncover some hidden gems from the NBA’s golden era.
* 1985 NBA Finals. The Lakers defeat
the Celtics on the famed parquet floor
* Bill Walton's importance and his undying love for the Celtics franchise
* Michael Jordan's 63-point explosion versus Boston
* The Boston Celtics celebrate a 16th NBA title
* From jubilation to complete despair. Len Bias' tragic death
This episode concludes our coverage of the 1985-86 NBA season. Thanks for taking the time to listen to the series. If you enjoyed the content, please share it with your friends!
Editor's note: sign-up for my monthly newsletter - receive exclusive details on upcoming podcast episodes and future, high-profile guests to appear on the show.
Show notes | I appreciate all feedback, FB Page 'Likes' and iTunes ratings / reviews.
Support Adam via Amazon: click-through and purchase any item (store-wide – within 24 hours) - it helps support the podcast – importantly, at no additional cost to you. Thanks.